First Post / Blog Goals
What is the purpose of ALASKAVIDEOSHOOTER.COM?
- Posts about videos I’m working on for Alaska Public Media, like the INDIE ALASKA series.
- Show behind-the-scenes of other videos and photo projects I do for friends and family.
- Grow a base of other contributors who post about what they’re working on.
- Interviews with Alaskans video and film people.
- Things I learn about filmmaking as I continue this creative journey.
Who is this blog for?
- Friends and family who want to follow along. This blog will allow me to go more in-depth about my video work than simple Facebook posts of the final projects.
- Other video shooters in Alaska and beyond.
- People outside my friends/family network who aren’t filmmakers but who are curious about this stuff.
- Public TV (PBS) people who are on a similar video track at their station.
- There’s like a million other bloggers who I’d love to chat with, and it seems like having your own blog is the first step to joining that network of like-minded digital people.
- I like illustrating concepts, so I’m going to be using the Paper Ipad app for a lot of stuff. Also lots of photos.
- I think I’ve had like 2 or 3 blogs throughout high school and college, but blogging has changed a lot since then, so I consider myself a newb to this. Don’t judge!
- First post done! Woohoo.